How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
If you've ever wanted to learn how to make your own copycat recipes for Chipotle, this tutorial is exactly what you'll need. See How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home and learn just how easy it can be. Follow the recipe exactly, or put your own twist into it. There's no wrong way to make this burrito bowl. We made it at the office and everyone loved it!
Find even more copycat restaurant recipes in our free eCookbook, 17 New Top Secret Restaurant Copycat Recipes!
Plus Don't Miss: Our complete collection of delicious Mexican food recipes!
- For Cilantro-Lime Rice:
- 2 cups organic Jasmine Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- dash of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- For Chicken:
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix
- 3 cups lean chicken, chopped
- For Burrito Bowl:
- 2 cups frozen Corn
- 1 can black beans, low sodium
- 1 bag low-fat shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Salsa, if desired
- Pico de gallo, if desired
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small container of low-fat sour cream
- For Guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon salsa or tomato
- Pepper, to taste
- Start by making the rice first (be sure to follow the directions on the bag of any jasmine rice you’re using).
- The only difference will be that you’re adding salt, butter, lime juice, onion, cumin and cilantro. Add these after the boiling stage but before the simmering stage. Mix well and keep covered. Keep in mind one of the key ingredients to making this like the rice at Chipotle is the lime and cilantro, that flavor is important!
- While the rice is cooking… steam the corn in a separate pot and keep warming on the side. Also put entire can of black beans into separate pot and heat on low, stirring often, until hot.
To Make the Chicken:
- Add some oil of chose to a frying pan and toss chicken in. Heat chicken on medium heat, stirring often to get chicken cooking evenly.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and entire package of fajita seasoning (you can also just follow the directions on that packet). Add more water if necessary.
- Toss and stir chicken until evenly coated, turn heat to low-med and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
For the Guacamole:
- Remove peel and core from avocado and chop up into pieces. Add to a medium bowl.
- Chop and blend avocado until it’s the desired texture.
- Add chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup of onions, lime juice, salsa or tomatoes and mix well.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Now that everything’s complete you can get large bowls for each person.
- Add in the following order: rice, black beans, chicken, corn, and cheese.
- Then, add salsa or pico de gallo, tomatoes, and add sour cream.
- Finally, top that off with desired amount of chopped lettuce.
Read NextGround Chuck vs. Ground Beef