White Chicken Chili
Try out our hearty and easy white chicken chili recipe. It's simple to cook, tasty, and healthier then other chicken chili.
- Addie Gundry
This recipe is from RecipeLion's 103 Cookbook series, Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs
- 4 cups chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or canned, drained)
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy or cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced chiles, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cilantro sprigs
In a large heavy stockpot, combine the chicken, broth, onion, celery, and garlic on medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred, placing the meat in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the chicken with cumin, salt, coriander, and oregano and toss well, then return the chicken and spices to the stockpot. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the corn kernels, beans, and chiles and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
Serve in individual bowls garnished with sour cream, lime wedges, and cilantro.
Read NextJohnny Cash Chili