Simple Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Casserole dishes are sometimes exactly what the doctor ordered. Simple Chicken and Artichoke Casserole is packed with fresh ingredients to make a hearty, robust meal. Pair with a Greek salad for the ultimate dinner.
This casserole freezes well.
Packages of wild rice with seasonings are sold in a variety of flavors, any of which will work well in this recipe.
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 10 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (10-ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 thick slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cans (14-ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 3 cups Mozzarella chesse, shredded
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 4 cups cooked wild rice with seasonings
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 by 9 inch glass baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms and green onions for about 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in soup, cream, sherry and salt; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom mixture, bacon, artichokes, chicken, mozzarella and carrots.
- Spread wild rice in bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread chicken mixture over rice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling.
Read NextBishop's Potluck Bake