Deliciously Meaty Macaroni Beef Casserole
Some days you just want to have a Deliciously Meaty Macaroni Beef Casserole for dinner. Ground beef casseroles are perfect for a cold winter day or anytime you have a taste for some good old comfort food. This casserole is a delicious combination of meat, tomatoes, onions and cheese. So simple, but so delicious and filling, this ground beef casserole is a great crowd-pleaser. This delicious mac and cheese-style recipe is pretty cheap and makes a ton of servings, so you'll have leftovers for days to come!
Can't get enough mac and cheese? Try another popular recipe right here!
Preparation Time45 min
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni
- 2 pounds lean beef, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash Tabasco
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomatoes
- 1 can (10-ounce) tomato soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely cubed
- couple sprigs thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macoroni according to package directions. Drain.
- While you're cooking the macaroni, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic, then drain the excess liquid.
- Add salt, Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco, tomatoes, tomato soup, and thyme (optional).
- Combine with cooked macaroni and pour into 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.