Creamy Potato and Leek Casserole
Creamy Potato and Leek Casserole is a wonderful combination of classic flavors that will leave your family pleased to their cores. This great casserole recipe will become one of your new favorites.
Yukon Gold potatoes truly make this recipe, but any other baking potato will work fine.
The cheeses in the Italian six-cheese blend are mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, fontina, Romano and Asiago. You can use a combination of any of these if you don't have the packaged blend.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 11 by 7 inch glass baking dish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté leeks for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, garlic, broth and white pepper; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Gently stir in Alfredo sauce and salt just until coated. Spread in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.