Awesome Beef Taco Casserole
Craving Mexican food, but don't want to go out? Try this Awesome Beef Taco Casserole! This easy ground beef casserole will have you happy you skipped the restaurant wait, while being better than anything you'd find on a drive-thru menu. When you combine the delicious flavors and unique elements of a taco and turn them into a beef casserole, you know you've got a sure-fire winner on your hands. Once your family tries this amazing dinner recipe, it's sure to become a go-to weeknight favorite!
For more ways to to spice up your weeknight dinners, try these 9 Mexican Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can black or pinto beans
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican mix or Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat, crumble ground beef and cook, stirring to break up clumps. Add onion and continue to cook and stir for about 10 minutes total. Drain off any accumulated fat and return pan to the heat. Add taco seasoning, garlic and salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add beans and tomato sauce and continue to cook until mixture boils. Spoon half the meat mixture into the baking dish, then top with the crushed chips. Spoon the remaining meat over the top and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until mixture is bubbly and cheese has melted.
Read NextEasy Cabbage Roll Casserole