Beefy Green Chile and Cheese Bake
This loaded casserole recipe has it all. Meaty, cheesy and packed to the brim with zesty ingredients, it will feed any hungry family. Easy to prepare and easy to enjoy, Beefy Green Chile and Cheese Bake is a must.
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can (4-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1/2 cup Ortega salsa - homestyle recipe (medium)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine chips, water and egg in small bowl. Press into prepared baking dish; bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine beef, soup mix, chiles, ¼ cup cheddar cheese and ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese in medium bowl. Spread over tortilla crust.
- Top with salsa, bell pepper, remaining cheddar cheese and remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Casseroles"
Our collection of easy casserole recipes get dinner on the table in no time. Below, you'll find our very best chicken casserole recipes, breakfast casserole recipes, potato casserole recipes, and everything in between.