Cajun Dirty Rice
- 2 Tbsp bacon fat
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 finely chopped rib celery
- 1 pinch fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pound finely chopped or ground chicken giblets
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
Saute the shallots, celery, and chicken giblets in the bacon fat until golden brown. Add the water, tomato paste, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a rolling boil. Turn down heat...cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 min, stirring occasionally. Uncover and let stand for 5 to 10 min. Adjust seasoning to taste! Fluff with fork and serve. 4-5 servings.
Read NextSweet Potato Beignets
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.