12 Stuffed Eggplant Halves
Here's a delicious idea: eggplants stuffed with vegetables and seafood. Make this great Cajun recipe tonight.
- 6 medium eggplants
- 1 pound small shrimp
- 1 pound white lump crab meat
- 4 bell peppers
- 4 medium onions
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 pods garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup celery
- bread crumbs, to taste
- Boil eggplants until soft; then dig out meat. Save eggplant shells.
- While you are doing this, fry bell peppers, onion, celery, and garlic together until limp, then add eggplant meat. Let smother on medium fire till most water is cooked out, then add shrimp.
- Cook for another 20 minutes, then put all of this in another bowl and fold in crab meat and parsley.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Let cool a little, and add enough bread crumbs to be firm enough to stuff shells.
- Sprinkle a little bread crumbs on top and paprika.
- Then sprinkle a little oil or oleo on top.
- Bake till done or brown in 350F degree oven.
Read NextSweet Potato Beignets
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 21, 2017
I love eggplant and there are not many different ways to cook it. I like the idea of stuffing the shells. I also like all of this seafood. This is certainly a healthy dish and sounds really, really tasty. I'm definitely going to make it. I am not sure about cooking the shrimp for so long though so I think I will use my own discretion on that one.
Feb 05, 2017
Cajun-styled eggplant is such an amazing idea! I also recommend adding a little avocado or guacamole to this recipe. Guacamole pairs so well with seafood like shrimp and crab. Is there a picture of the finished product? I bet it looks beautiful!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use