One-Pot Red Beans and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cajun food makes for delicious, comforting, and flavorful dinners, and that's why One-Pot Red Beans and Rice is perfect for you. When you need a satisfying meal or side dish to warm you up, this recipe for red beans and rice is ideal. This recipe includes sausage, but if you want to make it without meat, you can still make this dish into a full meal because the rice and beans combination has plenty of protein. This classic red beans and rice recipe is one of the simple one-pot recipes you need for every occasion.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time10 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Cajun smoked sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can red beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups instant rice
- Creole seasoning
Add the vegetable oil to a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the beans and rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add creole seasoning to taste.
Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Perfect for a family party or a potluck dinner, recipes with jello are always crowd-pleasers. Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is… Continue reading: "Strawberry Pretzel Saladvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Roasted Tomato Soup
- Dill Salmon Mousse
- Keto Lemon Cheesecake Fluff
- 10 Minute Easy Layered Nacho Dip
- Dill Roasted Garbanzo Beans With Potatoes
- Almond Pesto Paste
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- Easy Instant Pot German Potato Soup
- King Ranch Chicken (no Canned Soup)
- Seared Tuna Salad Niçoise
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes