Sweet Potato Hashbrowns with Bacon
Sweet Potato Hashbrowns with Bacon are the perfect way to begin a crisp fall day. This meal is richer in vitamins than a typical meat-and-potatoes breakfast.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peel and dice)
- 1/4 pound slab or sliced bacon (diced)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 sprigs or 1 Tbsp. dried rosemary (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet (if available) to high. Add the bacon, and cook it until the fat is rendered.
- Then, add the onion and cook it until it becomes translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook until the potato is soft and golden brown (a crust forms). Butter can be used to facilitate browning. Serve hot.