Light Breakfast Casserole
For a cheesy but healthy breakfast casserole, try this Light Breakfast Casserole. It uses cottage cheese instead of cheddar and calls for Tabasco instead of extra salt for some flavor.
The original recipe called for frozen hash browns with cheese and I can't find them in the supermarkets here but maybe you can. Usually I increase the amount of Tabasco sauce - let your own tastebuds be your guide.
See this recipe and more in 18 Delicious Make Ahead Casseroles.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 24 ounces package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- In mixing bowl combine hash browns, eggs, cottage cheese and spices and mix very well.
- Pour into large casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add bacon and cook at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Read NextSheet Pan Pancakes