Green Pepper Steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
Yield: 4 Servings. Combine soy sauce, water and cornstarch; set aside. In a large skillet or wok over high heat, stir-fry half of the beef in 1 tablespoon of oil until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as needed. Remove beef and keep warm. Add onions, celery and green pepper to pan; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Return beef to pan. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add tomatoes; heat through. Serve over rice.
Read NextSmoked Flank Steak
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.