- Take a large lump of beef fillet. Remove all the fat. And the membrane.
- You did get *all* the fat off didn't you? Salt it all over. Now let it
- sit for a couple of minutes whilst you fill a big bowl with cold water.
- Get your ridged grill pan very, very hot indeed. Now sear the sides of
- the fillet in the pan, we are talking 5 seconds a side here. Now chuck
- the steak into the cold water to stop it cooking. Dry the steak. Slice
- into 1/8" slices with a very sharp knife indeed. Ideally this knife is
- long enough, and sharp enough that you can slice all the way through a
- fillet with a single pass of the blade. Arrange the slices beautifully
- on your guests plates. Garnish with thin slices of peeled and deseeded
- cucumber, a small pile of wasabi and a blob of grated ginger. Serve it
- up with small bowls of japanese soy sauce which your guests can season
- to taste with the wasabi and/or ginger.
Read NextSlow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.