West African Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry
With West African flavors and the ease of Asian cooking, this delicious one pot wonder is the perfect combination of easy and delicious. West African Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry is an easy dinner recipe that cooks all in one skillet or wok, so clean-up is easy and the whole thing comes together in under 30 minutes! With chicken, shrimp, vegetables and curry paste, this easy dinner recipe is bursting with flavor and hearty enough to feed the family. Next time you need a weeknight dinner, try this easy stir fry recipe.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast strips
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add the sweet potatoes and stir fry for 2 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are crisp tender, about 3 minutes (add more oil if needed). Stir in 1 tablespoon curry paste and cook until vegetables are coated and fragrant. Remove from pan.
- Add more oil and chicken to pan and stir fry 3-4 minutes until done. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes until shrimp is pink. Push meat to the center and stir in remaining curry paste and tomatoes. When fragrant, add meat, vegetables, and parsley and cook 1-2 minutes. Toss with hot cooked rice.
Read NextLil' Luna's Honey Sesame Chicken