Budget Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Steak strips are stir-fried with broccoli and simmered in a tangy tomato sauce. Served over rice, this tasty dish from Campbell's Kitchen is sure to please your dinnertime crowd. It's one of the easiest and frugal stir fry recipes you'll find.
Cost per recipe: $7.61.
Ingredient Note: To make slicing easier, freeze the beef for 1 hour.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with glazed baby carrots: steam carrots with a touch of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. For dessert serve chocolate ice cream.
Serves4 (about 2 cups each)
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry until well browned.
Stir the soup, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and red pepper, if desired, in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the broccoli and cook until it's tender-crisp. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
Read NextSlow Cooker Korean Short Ribs