Gooey Caramel Rolls
Gooey food lovers, unite! These caramel rolls are so amazing, you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. They're great for breakfast, dessert, a snack...pretty much any time you like.
Cooking Time30 min
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, salt and yeast; blend well.
- In small saucepan, heat the milk and 1/4 cup of the butter until very warm (120 degrees F).
- Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in an additional 1/2 cup to 1 cup of flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in remaining 1/2 cup to 1 cup of flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 degrees F) until light and doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, the 1/2 cup of softened butter, and corn syrup; blend well.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls into greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts. Set aside.
- Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15x12-inch rectangle.
- Spread with the last 2 tablespoons of butter.
- In small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Starting with the 12-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing seam firmly to seal.
- Cut into twelve 1-inch slices and place, cut side down, in greased pan.
- Cover, let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Uncover dough and bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 1 minute, then invert onto platter. Serve warm.
Read NextCake Mix Cinnamon Rolls