Oven Roasted Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The flavor of Oven Roasted Tomatoes is incredible. The roasting brings out a slight sweetness in the tomatoes along with a roasted flavor. In past years we’ve eaten our tomatoes from the garden in salads while they were in season, or froze and canned them for the winter. Not once did I ever think of roasting them. I could just kick myself in the beee-hind for that! Especially since it was so easy to do. I quartered about 6 tomatoes and placed them in a cast iron skillet, you can also use a baking dish. They were drizzled with olive oil, salt and peppered and then had a Teaspoon of garlic powder sprinkled on them to boot. Since we had an extremely hot day today and the air conditioner was already working overtime, I decided to use my toaster oven to roast them. You can also use a convection oven or a regular oven. PERFECT! The flavor was incredible. The roasting brings out a slight sweetness in the tomatoes along with a roasted flavor. I served them with fresh basil from the garden. What a lovely side dish they made. "
Preparation Time1 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Love apples? Love Bread? Love simplicity? You've come to the right recipe! If you're looking for a super easy shortcut recipe that… Continue reading: "Apple Pie Pull Apart Loafvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken And Broccoli Crescent Braid
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Banana Milk
- Bacon Apple Pecan Stuffed French Toast
- Red Curry Potato Leek Soup
- Raspberry Protein Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roasted Red Pepper Chicken And Vegetables
- Healthy Kale And Sausage Soup With Cauliflower Rice (whole30 And Paleo)
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes