I just love raisins, don't you? This pie is the perfect venue in which to feature them, along with some wonderful spices and simple ingredients. It's fast, it's simple, and that's just what you need at Thanksgiving!
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup black walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 premade, unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, butter, walnuts and raisins and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, then fold into the mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Lady MsAnnie 18931 13
Sep 02, 2012
this is pretty much the exact same recipe we made at Thanksgiving as the "new" mincemeat pie. down home folks always put actual ground or diced fresh meats in the pie with the fruit. But because I refused to eat the woods-caught squirrel, deer, and rabbit that was added to beef and pork, she began leaving out all the meat. She actually HATED mincemeat pie, but it was a favorite of the men.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use