I just love raisins, don't you? This pie is the perfect venue in which to feature them, along with some wonderful spices and simple ingredients. It's fast, it's simple, and that's just what you need at Thanksgiving!
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup black walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 premade, unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, butter, walnuts and raisins and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, then fold into the mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
Read NextLeftover Mashed Potato Cakes