Grandma's Favorite Stuffing
This classic stuffing recipe is just the way Grandma used to make it. This bread stuffing is packed with mushrooms, onions, celery and flavorful seasonings. It's sure to please this holiday season.
Cooking Time8 hr 45 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 12 1/2 cups slightly dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 cups chicken broth or turkey broth and diced giblets
- Melt butter in skillet and saute onion, celery, parsley and mushrooms. Pour over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Add all seasonings and toss together well.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, add beaten eggs and mix together well.
- Pack lightly into slow cooker, cover and set to high for 45 minutes, then reduce to low to cook for 4 to 8 hours.