Autumn Pumpkin Mousse
Pumpkin mousse is a less common fall dessert than pumpkin pie, but it can be argued that it's equally delicious. Autumn Pumpkin Mousse is a simple recipe that can be made by someone who's never made mousse before. This no-bake recipe has a lot of chilling time, which means hands-off time for you. If you get started on this mousse in the morning, it will be done by the afternoon. Scoop the mousse into your cutest ramekins and garnish how you wish.
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream (garnish, optional)
- Biscoff cookie/gingersnap/graham cracker crumbs (garnish, optional)
Place the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, cup of heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, into a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Once the pumpkin mixture has chilled, place the remaining heavy cream into a stand mixer and whip on high until stiff peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
Fill ramekins or small trifle dishes with mousse and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
Garnish as you like.