Best Ever Chicken Pot Pie
Make a classic for supper tonight and surprise your family with a hearty chicken pot pie recipe. With fresh chopped vegetables and slices of chicken, this creamy, flaky pie will fill your house with an unforgettable aroma. Cozy, delicious, and always a family favorite, make it tonight.
Watch and follow along to make this recipe:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 celery ribs
- 1/4 cup parsley, stalks and leaves
- 1 little onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon no-salt seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roll (1/2 pack butter puff pastry)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In food processor chop finely celery, carrots, rosemary, onion and parsley.
- Preheat skillet with butter and olive oil to medium high heat.
- Add all chopped vegetables to the skillet; season them with oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add no-salt seasoning and flour, mix until all the flour is incorporated inside the vegetables.
- Add milk and let it thicken for 30 seconds.
- Then remove from the heat and let it cool for 15 minutes or so.
- If after cooling the filing is too thick thin it with a little bit of milk or water.
- Add peas and mix it into the filling.
- Unroll the pastry and take one 9 in pie dish or couple of little ones, place it upside down and cut circle from the pastry.
- Place the filling inside; cover the sides of the dish with a little water. Then take the left over pastry and cover all the edges with it. On top cover it with water again and place the large circle of pastry on top.
- Squeeze the edges with fork for better attachment. Make 3-4 holes in the pastry for steam to come out.
- Cover it with egg wash - mixed egg with water. And pop to preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and dig in!
Read NextSimple Shepherd's Pie