Comfort Turkey Pot Pie
This savory pot pie recipe is a great way to make use of holiday leftovers and using yogurt in the gravy also helps lighten the calories from this hearty dish. With fresh sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, and peas, it's a great way to get the kids to eat vegetables.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup Stonyfield lowfat plain yogurt
- 3 cups turkey meat, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a pie plate with one crust and bake for about 4-5 minutes.
- Using a sauté pan, cook garlic, onion, carrots, sweet potato and celery over a medium-high heat until onions become translucent. Set mixture aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss turkey, yogurt, mushroom soup and peas together. To this mixture add the cooked vegetables and mix gently.
- Pour into half-baked piecrust and cover with remaining piecrust.
- Press edges of crust together and make small slits in top crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Read NextSeven Layer Tortilla Pie