Seven Layer Tortilla Pie
This Seven Layer Tortilla Pie from Campbell's Kitchen is so full of flavor, you'd never guess there's no meat in it! If you're looking to make a savory pie for dinner this week, try this Mexican-inspired version. Your family will love the remarkable taste and great presentation.
For even more great dinner ideas, visit our recipe collection from Campbell's Kitchen here.
Serves6 (1 wedge each)
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 7 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
Mash the pinto beans in a medium bowl with a fork. Stir in 3/4 cup picante sauce and the garlic powder.
Stir the remaining picante sauce, cilantro, black beans and tomato in a medium bowl.
Place 1 tortilla onto a baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over the tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup black bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat the layers twice more. Top with the remaining tortilla and spread with the remaining pinto bean mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until the filling is hot. Uncover the pie. Top with the remaining cheese. Cut the pie into 6 wedges. Serve with additional picante sauce and sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired.