Tired of tame grilled cheese sandwich recipes? Take on this beast of a grilled cheese sandwich. Dredged and deep-fried, the Cheese Frenchee is pure indulgence. Mayonnaise gives it extra tanginess and corn flakes add a crispy crunch.
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- corn flakes, finely crushed
- oil for deep frying
- Spread mayonnaise on bread slices. Add 2 slices of cheese each to 3 slices of bread, and then top with the remaining bread.
- Cut off the crusts and diagonally slice the sandwiches into quarters.
- Beat together the egg, milk, flour and salt.
- Dip sandwiches in the egg batter. Roll the sandwiches in corn flake crumbs.
- Deep fry at 375 degrees F until golden brown.
Read NextClassic Patty Melt