Fall Harvest Pumpkin Pancakes
Use this homemade pancake recipe from the Woolverton Inn to learn how to make pancakes from scratch. This thick fluffy pancake recipe will forever change how you view pancakes.
Recipe courtesy BnBFinder.com
Cooking Time10 min
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to taste
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin, one 15-ounce can
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick of melted butter, slightly cooled
- Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- With a hand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Mix together buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in buttermilk-pumpkin mixture; do not over mix. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Cook on a hot grill until bubbles form at the edges. Flip and cook 2 – 3 minutes more.
Read Next30+ Retro Diner Food Recipes
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.