Wendy's Chili, Our Way
Chili is an easy dish to make, yet it tastes like it took all day to make it. This recipe does take 2 to 3 hours to cook, but it's a very easy process. As restaurant copycat recipes go, this version of Wendy's Chili, Our Way is bang-on! We swear, if you put it into one of those paper cups like they serve it in at Wendy's, you'd be hard-pressed to tell this was simply a restaurant copycat recipe. This copycat Wendy's chili recipe is a terrific recipe for fall. It's full of beans, tomatoes, and ground beef. The whole pot was gone within minutes when we made it in our office - it's that good. The chili had a bit of kick to it but not too much, so it pleased everyone's palate. If you can't make it to Wendy's, know that you can make a version in your own kitchen that's just as good. Serve it up to your fellow football fans while watching the game or to your family for a cozy weeknight meal.
Discover more secret restaurant recipes in our copycat collection here:
Cooking Time3 hr
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 29-ounce can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 29-ounce can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 green chiles, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef and drain the fat.
- In a large pot, combine the ground beef with the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.