Bennigan's Copycat Baked Potato Soup
This copycat soup recipe from Bennigan's is so hearty and delicious, it can be served as a meal! Creamy potato soup is topped with tasty Cheddar, crispy bacon and chopped scallions to create the perfect winter dish. When you want a big bowl of comforting potato soup, this copycat restaurant recipe is the one to try. It's sure to impress you with its bold flavors and creamy texture. Potato soup has never tasted so good!
For more great restaurant copycat recipes, check out our 33 Top Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes eCookbook Volume III.
- 3 pounds all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and pierced in several places
- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes 1 hour or until tender when pierced. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Melt Butter in a 4- to 6-quart pot over medium low heat. Stir in onions and garlic; cover and cook 10 minutes until soft, but not brown. Add 2/3 of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cut remaining potatoes in small cubes. Add to soup and stir gently to reheat. Sprinkle each serving with toppings.