Quadruple Banana Bread Recipe
This Quadruple Banana Bread Recipe will have a cook making enough banana bread to satisfy that banana craving for weeks--and it can all be made in about an hour!
For more banana bread recipes, check out our 10 Moist Banana Bread Recipes and Baking Tips.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup butter or margarine (not spread)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sour cream
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4-5 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix sour cream and soda in a separate bowl; let stand until foamy.
- Add vanilla, bananas, salt and flour to sour cream mixture; mix well.
- Combine banana mixture with butter, sugar and egg mixture and blend.
- Place in four greased, floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 4 loaves. Freezes well.
Read NextAmish Apple Bread
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Nov 23, 2010
Hello, Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the confusion. We've updated the recipe to be more clear. Thanks.
Sweet Angel 61
Nov 20, 2010
I agree with 1st comment - do you add the vanilla, bananas, salt & flour to the sour cream or to the creamed butter, sugar and eggs? Then when do you combine the two bowls? Someone really did not proofread before they submitted this recipe.
Nov 20, 2010
check the directions on this, please... when is the sourcream added??? Or is it just supposed to set aside and foam...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use