Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread
Here's a fantastic buttermilk cornbread recipe. It's sweet and moist, and it pairs nicely with chili, soup, or just about any warm meal. Serve it warm and pat on a little butter. Mmmm! Cornbread is really great any time of the year. It's just as delicious at a summer barbecue as it is at Thanksgiving dinner. You can't say that about every type of food! And this particular corn bread recipe is special because it's homemade. Just think about how good it will feel when you make this homemade corn bread recipe instead of the one from the box.
Create the perfect Thanksgiving meal with our free eCookbook, 22 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes: A Traditional Thanksgiving Menu From RecipeLion.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 12-inch glass baking dish.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, then beat in the sugar.
- Mix in the buttermilk until blended, then add the melted butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture; mix well.
- Add the cornmeal and blend thoroughly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.