This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
"Pastalaya is a wonderful one-pot meal, a Cajun masterpiece. It's a different take on the famous Jambalaya, but as you can guess from the name it subs out the rice for pasta. Full of pork, smoked sausage, chicken and Cajun seasoning this southern favorite is a delicious comfort food that will have you rubbing your belly with glee. Started on the stove top then finished in the oven this recipe marries all the ingredients together perfectly."
Preparation Time1 hr 20 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven, Skillet
- 3 slices Thick Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1 each Large Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 each Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 eachs Large Celery Stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Pork (steak or roast) cut into 1" Cubes
- 1 pound Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 eachs Skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1" cubes
- 1 each Chicken Breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 10 ounces Rotel (chilies and tomatoes)
Read NextCreamy Taco Shell Pasta