Lobster Ravioli in Lemon Butter with Saffron
For an elegant dinner at home or a special occasion, treat your significant other or family to this Lobster Ravioli in Lemon Butter with Saffron! Homemade ravioli recipes can be a blast to make. This recipe is so good you'll think you're dining out.
Like this recipe? Then check out more awesome Valentine's Day Recipes in this free eCookbook, 20 Valentine's Day Recipes: Blogger Edition.
- pasta dough prepared
- For Filling:
- 1/2 pound of lobster, cooked, 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- For Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 of a lemon, sliced
- 5 threads of saffron
- parmesan cheese (to sprinkle on top)
- pepper to taste
- Mix together lobster, ricotta and parmesan. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg slightly with a fork to create an egg wash.
- Work with two pieces of the long flattened pasta at a time - a top and a bottom. On the bottom, brush the dough with the egg wash.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the lobster filling every 2 inches.
- Brush the second piece of dough with egg wash and place it egg-side down on the bottom piece (that has the filling).
- With your fingers, press dough together between the filling so no air exists.
- Cut in between the raviolis with a knife and place them on a floured board until they're ready to cook.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt. Wait to cook the ravioli until the sauce is completed.
- They will cook for only 1-2 minutes. Then, they go directly into the finished sauce to toss.
- In a saute pan, cook the garlic on medium in olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Add butter, cream, lemon slices and saffron. Lower heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss with ravioli and serve topped with black pepper and parmesan cheese.
Loving this? Check out this Healthy Ravioli with Walnuts!
Note: This recipe is from RecipeLion Cooking Club. Non-members can access 3 free recipes every month. Subscribe to the RecipeLion Cooking Club for unlimited access to their entire recipe archive, featuring hundreds of exclusive recipes!
Read NextCreamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni