Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole
When you're pressed for time and need an easy dinner solution, try this budget-friendly recipe. Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and uses just a few basic ingredients! Crescent rolls form a crust that's filled with ground beef, pasta sauce, cheese and sour cream, so there's a whole lot to love about this Italian casserole. Simply brown the beef, assemble the layers, and bake until golden brown.
And for after the meal, try any one of these 16 Best Easy Italian Desserts.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a skillet, cook ground beef until brown and thoroughly cooked. Drain, add pasta sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place the dough in an ungreased 9-inch pie dish with narrow tips overlapping the rim of the dish. Mix sour cream and 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese together.
- Spread ground beef mixture onto prepared crescent roll dough, then top with sour cream mixture. Fold crescent roll dough over so the tips are in the center of the dish, try not to overlap. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups cheese and dried basil.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Read Next24 Easy Italian Desserts