Chicken and Cashew Nut Curry
This tasty thai curry with chicken recipe uses cashew nuts and chilis to make a spicy flavor sensation that you won't soon forget. Substitute other kinds of nuts if cashews aren't your thing. We know you'll love it!
Cooking Time50 min
- 3 pounds chicken thigh pieces, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 large cloves garlic, crushed, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 140 grams roasted cashew nuts
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and the chicken pieces.Turn them to prevent them from sticking to the pan and brown the pieces well. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to the pan with all the spices and allow to cook 3 - 4 minutes over a moderate heat until the pan smells wonderfully fragrant. Stir regularly.
- Add the flour and cook a further minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook for about 30 - 35 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
- Take two-thirds of the cashews and process them in a blender or food processor until finely chopped but not to a powder.
- Add to the pan with the remaining whole cashews. Season with salt and pepper.
- If wished, finish with yogurt and garnish with fresh coriander just before serving. Serve over Basmati rice.