The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Jan Gomes - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Jan has always loved food; to eat it more than to make it. And that love of food landed her in a Weight Watchers meeting in September of 2007. After about 6 months, she became a Lifetime Member and then a Leader. That's when it really hit her that a lot of the people at her meetings were 'afraid' of food, they thought they could only eat WW recipes, or thought that if it tasted good it had to be WW unfriendly. So rather than handing out WW recipes at the meetings, she would 'find' recipes that sounded really delicious but were high in PointsPlus™ (Points™ back then) and tweak them; and from this her blog was born – Tweaked at Chez Jan.
The blog became a place to keep all the recipes she’s shared, and for newbies to have access to. Cooking and baking in turn became even more fun, and her once huge kitchen now seems a little smaller since she’s had to buy more pans and tools and ingredients. Jan loves to try a new 'thing' every week; whether it’s a spice, herb, or something outside her comfort zone. Sometimes she gets her inspiration from the Secret Ingredient on Iron Chef, her favorite cooking show.
Jan’s had no formal culinary training (unless you want to count Home-Ec class in Junior High!) but she has not let that stop her. The inspiration for the name of her blog is actually a goof, since the recipes are tweaked at her house, and the Chez part as Jan put it, “sounded so classy for a tiny country-ish town.” It was either that or Kitchen Therapy. So now she has her kitchen therapy at Chez Jan!
Jan's Recipes on RecipeLion.com:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Last Minute Preacher Cake is an easy dessert recipe that is undeniably delicious. The perfect combination of yellow cake mix and… Continue reading: "Last Minute Preacher Cakevideocam"
- Katrina Bahl - Food Blogger
- Heather Carter - Food Blogger
- Jaclyn Bell - Food Blogger
- Judy Hannemann - Food Blogger
- Lisa Workman - Food Blogger
- Cris Goode - Food Blogger
- Addie Gundry - Professional Chef and Cookbook Author
- Jenni Fleener - Food Blogger
- Julie Evink - Food Blogger
- Kristin Anderson - Editor
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chai Pumpkin Spice Tea
- Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Pan Fried Chicken with Creamy Gravy
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Game Day Bacon and Cheese Potato Skins
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- Bacon Pecan Dates Appetizer
- Pumpkin Chili
- Potato Gnocchi
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes