Zoku Slush and Shake Maker and The Art of Slush Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Provided by: Zoku
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
It almost seems too good to be true! Could there really be a device that makes any slushy or shake in as little as 7 minutes, right on the counter top, with no electricity required? Well, the Zoku Slush & Shake Maker meets all those requirements, and it works great. All you have to do is freeze the inner shell until you're ready to use it. Then, place it back into its holder, pour in your desired ingredients, and scrape the sides of the cup with the included spoon until it forms a slush or shake!
What I love about the Zoku Slush & Shake Maker is that it's small enough to bring almost anywhere. I'd love to pack it in my suitcase next time I go to the beach, so I could enjoy a cold and refreshing beverage in a flash. Plus, with this device, you don't have to hassle with a blender or juicer if you don't want to. There are endless flavor combinations you can make using a few products you bought from the store.
I decided to make a Cherry Sparkling Slush, with 100% cherry juice and club soda. After freezing the shell overnight, I simply poured in the ingredients and stirred them gently every 60 seconds. Each time I let it rest, ice formed on the walls, creating a slush in under 10 minutes! When it was done, I had a slush that was refreshing and tasted just like the kind I used to beg my mom for at carnivals. The ice continues to form until it reaches the desired consistency, which was much smoother than any I've tried to achieve with a blender or other appliances.
There are a bunch of delicious creations to make using pretty much any juice or smoothie ingredients. The Art of Slush cookbook, written by Jennifer Farley, author of the blog Savory Simple, is full of creative combinations. Recipes for slushies, milkshakes, smoothies, and more are included in the book, along with instructions on how to make them in the Slush & Shake Maker. One recipe that caught my eye is the Cookies & Cream Milkshake, which only requires vanilla ice cream, milk, and chopped Oreos! From fruity slushies, to decadent milkshakes and creamy smoothies, this book is full of fun and creative ideas for the maker. There are even recipes for adult beverages, such as Blood Orange Mojito and a Pina Colada recipe.
The recipes in the book range from as easy as pour, stir, and enjoy, to a little more complex if you want something truly decadent. Since this device is so easy to use, I'm almost tempted to try every recipe in the book! Although some of the recipes require use of a blender or juicer before pouring the ingredients into the maker, many of them don't require any other utensils at all. This product really is a fun and creative way to make homemade slush, just like the kind you buy at the beach.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Enter to Win a Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven!
- Chance to Win a Farberware Easy Clean PRO 14-Piece Cookware Set!
- Chance to Win a VitaClay Digital Express MultiPot Set!
- Chance to Win a Cosori Smart Air Fryer!
- Chance to Win the Paula Deen Riverbend Cookware Set!
- Chance to Win the Ultimate Meal Plan Giveaway!
- Chance to Win a Black Cube 7-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set!
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- Calphalon 8-piece Cookware Set Review
- Win a Caso Air Fryer!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Fried Spanish Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- Thai Lotus Shoot Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes