Oliso SmartHub Cooktop Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Oliso SmartHub Cooktop is a revolutionary appliance changing how people cook at home. There are two components to this device: the SmartHub which is the induction cooktop, and the SmartTop which is the vessel for sous vide cooking and much more. The SmartHub heats to precise temperatures in order to cook your food perfectly every single time you use it.
I was shocked by how easy it was to operate this kitchen appliance. The interface on the bottom hub has just a few buttons to make it simple to understand. The screen shows the programmed temperature, the actual temperature of the water in the SmartTop or the heat of the induction burner, and a timer that you can set.
I love that the SmartHub is dual purpose and can be used for induction cooking or to make sous vide food. Induction cooking is unique it that the actual cooktop will only heat materials made for the burner. You can put your hand on the burner while it is on and not feel any heat! You set the heat level and the burner distributes heat to the pan through a magnetic field.
Using the SmartTop is just as easy to use as the induction burner. It locks into place, and the interface of the cooktop changes to show the temperature of the water bath. The water bath heats up quickly compared with similar sous vide products. I found it usually reached the correct temperature within 25 minutes, depending on how high the heat was set. The lights on the front of the SmartTop turn from red to green to alert you when the water bath has reached the set temperature.
Because of the unique design of the SmartTop, it can be used for more than just sous vide cooking. It can actually be used to make perfect stock, slow cook food, and even brew beer!
The appliance comes with a handy temperature and time guide that helps you quickly sous vide any of your favorite foods without trouble and without needing a recipe! I tried to sous vide a few different foods. I made one of their suggested side dish recipes for Ginger Carrots. I also made a strip steak, as well as a chicken breast. Everything came out perfectly cooked. I loved using the device with meat because you can actually set the temperature to the "doneness" you prefer. After I seared the steak, I essentially dropped it in the bath and walked away for an hour. I made the perfect medium rare steak with hardly any effort and could not have been happier with the end result.
It is nice being able to sear meat on the induction burner prior or following sous vide cooking. This design allows you to make almost all your food using the SmartHub, and without ever needing a regular stove. This genius cooktop appliance is not just for elite foodies, but is designed for beginner home cooks, too!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Fully Loaded Chicken Potato Bake recipe is a super easy casserole recipe that will please your family any night of the week. This… Continue reading: "Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bakevideocam"
- Chance to Win a Galanz SpeedWave 3-in-1 Convection Oven!
- Zoku Slush and Shake Maker and The Art of Slush Review
- Enter to Win the Max Space Butter Dispenser!
- Win a Brieftons 4-in-1 Mandoline!
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- Chance to Win a BergHOFF Tabletop BBQ!
- Veronica's Treats Cake Pops Review
- Freshlike Canned Vegetables Review
- Enter to Win a Rodelle Prize Basket!
- Chance to Win a noni Seamless Stainless Steel Saute Pan!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter And Nutella Celery Reindeer Snacks
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Irresistible Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Roasted Eggplant With Couscous
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes