Disclosure Policy for Product Reviews
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any relationship we have between a product manufacturer and service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under at Prime Publishing LLC:
- We are never paid to do a review. We never accept money to review a product or service. We invest our own time to review and test products. We pay all out of pocket expenses related to our reviews.
- We don't pay for the products we review. They are sent to us by the manufacturer. Rarely, do we request a product. In most cases, the manufacturer approaches us via a press release or a phone call. If we feel it's a product you might get benefit from, then we request they send me the product.
- We don't return the products after we test or review them. In certain cases, the product is used up or destroyed. In other cases, the product may get damaged. Extra products are typically given away to our readers via ‘Giveaways’ we promote on our site and in our newsletters.
- If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. If the link takes you to our site, we are not getting paid. If a link goes to another site that has a purchase or lead generation option on the initial landing page, we are typically getting paid. We try to disclose when we are getting paid through language such as ‘advertisement’ or ‘paid advertisement’ or ‘sponsor link’ in the review. Our newsletters and web sites are advertising supported; we do not charge a fee for our newsletter or for access to our site.
* These are good rules and practices in today's digital world. It's important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider. If you don't see a disclosure policy as part of a review of a product, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.
- Holy Cow Cake
- Ultimate Crazy Wacky Cake
- Dump and Go Dinners: 26 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + Bonus Easy Dessert Recipes
- Better Than Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnut Bites
- Mama's Pizza Casserole
- 2-Ingredient Chinese Restaurant Doughnuts
- Dump and Go Cowboy Chicken
- Mom's Best Apple Dump Cake
- Easy Dump and Bake Chicken Casserole
- 19 Ground Beef Casserole Recipes You'll Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cream Cheese Frosted Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Walnut and Maple Syrup Muffins
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Sweet Peach Crumb Bars
- Healthy Kale and Veggie Bowls
- The Companion Group
- Gooey Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts
- 7-Layer Bean Dip
- Simple Slow Cooker Oatmeal Raisin Baked Apples