Disclosure Policy for Product Reviews
The Federal Trade Commission requires that we disclose any relationship we have between a product manufacturer and service provider when we write about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we operate under at Prime Publishing LLC:
- We are never paid to do a review. We never accept money to review a product or service. We invest our own time to review and test products. We pay all out of pocket expenses related to our reviews.
- We don't pay for the products we review. They are sent to us by the manufacturer. Rarely, do we request a product. In most cases, the manufacturer approaches us via a press release or a phone call. If we feel it's a product you might get benefit from, then we request they send me the product.
- We don't return the products after we test or review them. In certain cases, the product is used up or destroyed. In other cases, the product may get damaged. Extra products are typically given away to our readers via ‘Giveaways’ we promote on our site and in our newsletters.
- If we create a link to a product in a review, sometimes we may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. If the link takes you to our site, we are not getting paid. If a link goes to another site that has a purchase or lead generation option on the initial landing page, we are typically getting paid. We try to disclose when we are getting paid through language such as ‘advertisement’ or ‘paid advertisement’ or ‘sponsor link’ in the review. Our newsletters and web sites are advertising supported; we do not charge a fee for our newsletter or for access to our site.
* These are good rules and practices in today's digital world. It's important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider. If you don't see a disclosure policy as part of a review of a product, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.
- Creamy Pistachio Triple Layer Bars
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes Free eCookbook
- 18 Ground Beef Casserole Recipes You'll Love
- Cheesy Spinach Baked Chicken Casserole
- 14 Fast And Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes
- Baked Chicken Breast in Foil Packets
- Grandma's Magic Cake
- Mama's Pizza Casserole
- Easter Sunday Deviled Eggs
- 17 Excellent Easter Recipes eCookbook
- 26 Terrific Mothers Day Recipes eCookbook
- 28 Must-Have Easy Picnic Recipes
- 50 American Recipes by State eCookbook
- Americas Favorite Pork Chop Recipes - Free eCookbook
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designer, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and Egg Recipes
- Our Best Casserole Recipes: 19 Quick & Easy Casseroles to Try
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Silpat Pretzel Mat Review
- Olive Garden Bread Sticks Copycat Recipe
- The King of Casseroles
- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Balls
- Creamy Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Whipped Cream Pound Cake
- 3-Ingredient Yogurt Pie
- Elvis's Favorite Loaded Banana Bread Recipe