MEATER Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
MEATER Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, RecipeLion.com
The MEATER Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer is revolutionizing the way to cook meat perfectly. It is 100% wireless, with just a probe insert, that comes in a unique charging dock. The probe goes into any meat with the app on your phone acting as a remote control. The system is small, well-designed, and most importantly, reliable for getting an accurate temperature reading.
The probe itself is clearly well thought-out. Most importantly, it has two sensors for reading two temperatures, the internal meat temperature and the ambient temperature of the cooking environment. This makes it especially great for grilling and smoking meat since it is crucial to get a grasp on the cooking temperature for the food to turn out right.
As the name says, this is a wireless thermometer. The blutetooth range is 33 feet when using a conventional oven, pan, or gas grill, and 10 feet when using a kettle or smoker. While this isn't an extremely far distance, it can be greatly expanded with smart device like a Google Home or Alexa. This makes it simple to have food on the grill, while you are inside. And thanks to the water-resistant probe design, you can make grilling in any weather completely care-free.
The app is expertly engineered and lives up to the "smart" part of the title. Not only does it give you a clear read on the two sensors, it actually incorporates an estimating function to give you an idea of how much time the meat will take to cook. It also guides you through the entire cooking process, start-to-finish, including how long you should rest the food. This makes it nearly impossible to screw food up. I found this worked really well for cooking items like steak and pork chops since they are so quick and hard to do perfecty if you are inexperienced.
The charger for the probe is nothing short of genius. It rests in a charging box that is powered by a single AAA battery. This means you can charge anywhere. This also makes it great for camping since you don't need a power outlet. While it is in the charging base, you can test the battery life by pressing the button. It is also magnetized for storage on any steel surface like a grill or stove.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you're looking for a soup recipe you can make anytime you've got soup on the mind, this is the one! Tried and True Italian Pasta… Continue reading: "Tried and True Italian Pasta Soupvideocam"
- Chance to Win a VitaClay Digital Express MultiPot Set!
- Chance to Win a WIFI Digital Chef Roasting Thermometer!
- Enter to Win a Tim3 Machin3 Rice Cooker!
- Win a Wusthof Chef's Knife!
- Beanitos Bean Chips Review
- Chance to Win a Cuisinart Stand Mixer!
- Chance to Win a Kuhn Rikon Microwave Pressure Cooker!
- Veg-All Canned Vegetables Review
- Win a Kai Luna Knife Set!
- Chance to Win a Circulon Symmetry French Skillet Set!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Maverick WIFI Digital Chef Roasting Thermometer
- VitaClay Digital Express MultiPot Set
- Gingerbread Spiced Walnuts
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Layered Pumpkin Squares
- Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
- Marinated Herb T Bone Steaks
- Southwestern Potato Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes