Fried Fish with Oriental Pesto
Are you a huge fan of pesto? Experience a completely different take on a familiar favorite in this Fried Fish with Oriental Pesto recipe, which gets its kick from ginger, chili, fish sauce and Vietnamese mint.
- 4 5-ounce white fish fillets (dhufish, snapper, red emperor, grouper, cod)
- olive oil for frying
- 7/10 cup peanut oil
- 1 4/5 ounce raw peanuts
- 2 teaspoons minced green chillies
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons holy basil
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese mint
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the peanuts in the peanut oil until they are golden.
- Drain, reserving oil.
- Blend peanuts with ginger, chilli and garlic in a mortar or food processor.
- Add the herbs and half the reserved oil and blend to a paste.
- Add sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and continue blending.
- Add oil slowly until all has been used.
- Fry fish until just cooked.
- Serve with vegetables and a topping of pesto.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Fish"
We're cookin' up one of these fish recipes for dinner tonight! From baked fish recipes to grilled fish recipes and more, we've got some of the best easy fish recipes using cod, tuna, salmon, catfish, and more.
There are no records