Cheesy Bread Bake
- 1 slightly stale french baguette
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 pint milk
- 125 grams mature chedder cheese
- 1 onion sliced and fried lightly
- salt and pepper
- pickled jalapeno peppers if desired
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the bread and roughly butter one side of each slice.
- Arrange 1 layer of the slices in an ovenproof dish. Cover with some of the cheese and onions. Then repeat with a second layer of bread and a second layer of cheese and onions.
- At this stage a few sliced chilli peppers can be added, according to taste.
- In a separate jug, beat the eggs together with the milk and add a little bit of seasoning. Pour this mixture over the bread and bake for about an hour
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Egg Recipes"
Hundreds of quick and easy egg recipes and recipes using egg, including deviled egg recipes, egg salad recipes, egg dish recipes and recipes with egg whites.