Avocado Pesto Hummus
A dip that combines the great flavors of two of our favorite dips, hummus and guacamole, it may very well be one of the tastiest appetizer recipes out there. Served warm or cold, Avocado Pesto Hummus is always a crowd favorite on a game day or at family gatherings. Made with all fresh vegetables, like garlic, avocado, chickpeas and a touch of lemon, its wonderful flavor will have you dipping in chip after chip.
For more recipes from Sherron, check out her Featured Foodie profile page.
- 1 can (15-ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons to 3 of pesto
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup avocado (2 small avocado's)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of light olive oil
In a blender or food processor add the first 9 ingredients. Blend.
Mixture will be thick, add olive oil to reach your desired consistency.
Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate all leftovers.