This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paleo Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe with Coconut Butter Frosting
"Be still my heart. These paleo carrot cake cupcakes are so tasty it might make your heart flutter. They’re sure to please whether you make them for your beau or keep them to yourself. As I’m sure you can guess, the average slice of carrot cake you order at the diner is not going to fly if you’re serious about paleo living. But you shouldn’t have to do without just because the “real thing” doesn’t follow the diet of our ancestors."
Serves12 1 cupcake
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of honey (60 ml)
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1 cup of almond flour (120 g)
- 4 Tablespoons of tapioca flour (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (2 g)
- 3 carrots (150 g), shredded and liquid squeezed out
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) of raisins (28 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder (2 g)
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
Mix all the cupcake ingredients together.
Pour into cupcake molds (makes approx. 12 cupcakes)
Bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the frosting by whipping the frosting ingredients together. Spread over the cupcakes.
Read NextMagic Tomato Soup Cupcakes