How to Get Muffins Out of the Pan
Muffins won't come out of the pan? We can help!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We all hate it when a perfectly good batch of muffins gets stuck in the pan. There's something so disappointing about the sight of a broken muffin! While it's true that they will still taste the same, we think you deserve to have your baked goods look as good as they taste.
So, we've collected 3 great solutions for how to get muffins out of the pan if they are stuck. If you're reading this with a pan of problematic muffins on your counter, don't panic! We can help.
We also have some great ideas for keeping muffins from getting stuck in the pan to begin with. Keep these ideas in mind the next time you bake muffins, and you'll be totally worry-free when you go to take them out of the oven.
#1 - How to Get Stuck Muffins Out of the Pan - Freeze Them
- Let the muffins cool completely.
- Cover the muffins lightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the muffins in the tin in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Use a butter knife to gently pop the frozen muffins out of the tin.
- Reheat the frozen muffins in the microwave or in the oven. Enjoy!
However, we understand that freezing the muffins might not be what you want to do if you or your family are waiting on breakfast. So, here are some other ideas to try!
#2 - How to Get Stuck Muffins Out of the Pan - Use a Fondue Fork
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes.
- Slide a fondue fork beside and under one of the muffins in the tin. Gently run the fork around the edge of the muffin, taking care to not tear the bottom of the muffin.
- Pop the muffin out of the tin.
Ask RecipeLion: How long should muffins cool before removing them from the pan?
Let muffins cool about 5 minutes before trying to remove them from the pan.
This lets the muffins firm up a bit and release from the sides of the tin. Muffins might break if you try to remove them before they have cooled.
However, letting muffins sit in the tin for too long can result in them becoming soggy. If you don't plan to eat the muffins when they are warm, still take them out of the tin after 5 minutes (if you can). Then place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Is all this talk about baked goods making you hungry? We've got you covered. Check out this delicious recipe for Easy Amish Breakfast Muffins
#3 - How to Get Stuck Muffins Out of the Pan - Steam Them
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes.
- Dampen a clean dish towel with hot water. Wring out excess water and place the towel on the counter.
- Place the muffin tin upside down on top of the towel.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to loosen the muffins and gently lift them out of the pan.
Bonus! How to Keep Muffins from Sticking to the Pan
You can save yourself a lot of stress and time by preparing your muffin tin properly.
Blair Lonergan, aka The Seasoned Mom, has a great method for making sure that muffins don't stick to the pan in the first place.
"I always use a combination of both liners and non-stick spray. First, line the muffin tins with paper or silicone liners. Give each muffin cup a quick spritz with non-stick spray, and then fill with batter. The paper liners will literally fall right off of the muffins when they come out of the oven!"
We love this approach, because you get two opportunities to make sure your muffins don't stick to the pan. It also solves the common problem of muffins or cupcakes sticking to the liner. How do you unstick muffins from paper liners? Be proactive and spray the liners with cooking spray! What a great idea!
Give this method a try using Blair's delicious recipe for pumpkin muffins!
Some of Our Favorite Muffin Recipes
We couldn't leave without sharing some of our favorite muffin recipes! These muffins are sure to encourage everyone to get out of bed in the morning. They smell amazing, and they taste even better. We love to serve them while they're still warm, topped with a little bit of butter. It's the perfect way to start the day.
Amish Breakfast Muffins
Blueberry Muffin Loaf
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This cinnamon pull-apart bread recipe is all about shortcuts. It only takes five basic ingredients to make Gooey Apple Pull-Apart… Continue reading: "Gooey Apple Pull-Apart Breadvideocam"
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- Crunchwrap Supreme
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Freeze Broth or Stock
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- How to Use Up Eggs: 50+ Recipes and Smart Ideas
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- Can You Freeze Shredded Cabbage for Coleslaw?
- Ground Chuck vs. Ground Beef
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Monday Pie
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- How To Make Ghost Meringue - Halloween Treats
- French Toast
- Carrot Salad
- Air Fryer Bruschetta
- Gingerbread Martini
- Black Bean Chicken Chile Verde Soup
- Lemon Cranberry Meringue Pie
- Passion Fruit Bars
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes