Kathy's Incredible Snickerdoodles
Kathy's Incredible Snickerdoodles set the standard by which all other snickerdoodle recipes are judged. This incredible cinnamon sugar cookie recipe will quickly become your go-to cookie recipe because you'll never want storebought snickerdoodles again!
- 1 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- cinnamon and sugar, blended to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture until dough is consistent.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a shallow container.
- Form dough into balls about 1" in diameter and roll in cinnamon and sugar to coat.
- Transfer to cookie sheets and bake 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be "crinkled" on the top and barely browned.