Peppermint Shortbread Squares
These Peppermint Shortbread Squares make a wonderful addition to your holiday party. Wrap them up and they become delicious edible gifts to give this season. They are also one of the best Christmas cookie recipes my family has ever tasted.
Cooking Time25 min
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes, crushed and mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces almond bark (candy coating)
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar together until fluffy.
- On low speed, add in the flour and peppermint extract.
- On an un-greased cookie sheet, pat the dough into a square about 3/4-inch thick. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the dough into rows about 1 1/2-inch square. Separate with a knife so there is at least 1/4-inch between the cookies. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle the cookies with melted almond bark and sprinkle with the candy/sugar mixture.