Candy Cane Buttercream Frosted Brownies
Ordinary brownies become extraordinary when frosted with candy cane buttercream frosting. Top them off with a drizzle of melted chocolate for a beautiful holiday recipe. Indulge yourself with Candy Cane Buttercream Frosted Brownies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- For Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter. Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter together with the powdered sugar and extract. Add enough milk until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Add the crushed candy cane and frost the cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir in the oil. Drizzle over the frosted, cut brownies.