Candy Cane Buttercream Frosted Brownies
Ordinary brownies become extraordinary when frosted with candy cane buttercream frosting. Top them off with a drizzle of melted chocolate for a beautiful holiday recipe. Indulge yourself with Candy Cane Buttercream Frosted Brownies.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- For Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter. Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter together with the powdered sugar and extract. Add enough milk until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Add the crushed candy cane and frost the cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir in the oil. Drizzle over the frosted, cut brownies.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Dec 08, 2016
These brownies are delicious! I love mint flavors and these brownies have it! I ended up adding 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract to really enhance the mint flavor to better fit my taste and they are amazing. A perfect mix of fudgie and cake like brownies. I omitted the chocolate drizzle on top.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use