Cake Mix Volcano Cake
Variety is the spice of life, which is why we love mixing up our regular cake mix recipes any chance we get. This recipe for Cake Mix Volcano Cake takes an ordinary recipe using cake mix and elevates it to the next level by adding a sweet cream cheese swirl to the cake. Half shortcut recipe and half homemade cake, this easy dessert recipe is a definite winner. It's simple to make and tastes awesome. There's no beating chocolate cake mix recipes and this is one of our all time favorites.
- coconut, enough to fill bottom of a 9x13-inch pan
- chopped nuts, enough to fill bottom of a 9x13-inch pan
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 box powdered sugar (about 3 1/2 cups)
In a 9x13-inch pan, put a good layer of coconut and chopped nuts.
Prepare cake mix according to box directions; pour cake mix over coconut and nut layer.
Beat cream cheese with melted margarine; stir in powdered sugar. Swirl this mixture into cake mixture.
Bake at temperature recommended in cake mix directions. Test with toothpick for doneness. Let cool in pan.
- Can dust with additional powdered sugar if desired.