Chicken Breast with Leeks and Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole chicken breast with skin, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium leek, white part only; washed, dried, and sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained and chopped
- lemon juice
Serving Size : 2. In a shallow bowl stir together the flour, the paprika, and salt and pepper to taste and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. In a heavy (preferably cast-iron) skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it saute the chicken, turning it once, until it is golden brown. Reduce the heat to moderately low and stir in the leeks, the mushrooms, the wine, the broth, and the oregano. Cook the mixture, covered partially, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, and transfer the chicken to a platter. To the skillet add the olives, the capers, and the lemon juice and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute. Serve the chicken topped with the leek mixture.
Read NextFrench Fried Onion Chicken
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use