Taco Night Chicken Casserole
Looking for a great new recipe for taco night? Our delicious Taco Night Chicken Casserole will become a family favorite. Having everything that you love about tacos, this wonderful casserole recipe is a cheesy bake that is simply irresistible. A hearty casserole that the family will eat up, once you pull this bake out of the oven you'll just have to dig right in.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24-ounces) Ortega Salsa - Thick & Chunky (Medium)
- 1 can (2.25-ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into halves, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa and olives.
Place half of tortillas onto bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish. Top with half of chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese; repeat layers. Cover.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.
Read NextBisquick Creamy Chicken Casserole